Cuisinart food processors are the Rolls-Royce of food processors. There’s so many models and sizes to choose from – it’s hard to find the best Cuisinart food processor that’s right for You.
We’ve tested the top Cuisinart food processors for different types of buyer, and put them into this simple guide.
In this guide, you’ll find:
Numbers 1-3 – Large Cuisinart Food Processors
Numbers 4-6 – Medium-Size Cuisinart Food Processors
Numbers 7-9 – Mini Cuisinart Food Processors
We explain the differences between each processor, and why each one would be a good choice. We also include our rating and the price of each of processor.
If you have any questions, please drop them in the comments section below.
You can find other products for your kitchen in our Home & Kitchen section. We hope you enjoy this guide!
1. Cuisinart Food Processor (14 Cup)The 14 Cup is the best Cuisinart food processor for big families, people who like to entertain and families who make large meals. perfect for processing large amounts of food.
The 14-cup has a extra-large feed tube, and the powerful 720-watt motor is very capable of processing high density foods. The set includes a stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping blade, spatula and instruction book.
The Cuisinart food processor 14 Cup is durable and highly rated. All of it’s parts of dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning and maintenance. Of course, with such a large and powerful food processor, you just need somewhere to store it!
2. Cuisinart Elemental (13 Cup)The Cuisinart Elemental has a 13 cup capacity, and includes a large 13 cup bowl, and a smaller 4.5 cup small bowl. This makes it possible to process either larger or smaller amounts of food, and save time on cleaning. The parts are removable and dishwasher safe.
If you have previously struggled aligning a food processor to turn it on, alignment is not necessary with this processor. Instead this processor has a lock function to turn the machine on, which makes it easy to use.
The motor is powerful enough to handle high-density foods, such as dough. However there have been incidents of jamming and clogging with this machine when too much food is processed at one time. The set comes with an adjustable dicing disc, capable of slicing – between 1-10 mm in thickness.
Our Rating: 5/10
Available in: Grey and Silver
3. Cuisinart Prep (11 Cup)
The 11 cup is the best Cuisinart food processor for a regular sized family. It has a modern-style and constructed using strong materials. It feels solid and well made.
The Cuisinart Prep 11 Cup is powerful enough to process dough, and the motor’s speed can automatically adjust to ensure proper dough consistency. The feed tube is wide enough to feed whole fruits and vegetables. This machine is easy to use and has dishwasher safe parts.
The set includes a stainless steel medium slicing disc (4mm), a stainless steel shredding disc and a blade that can be used for chopping, mixing and kneading.
Our Rating: 7.5/10
Available in: Brushed Stainless
4. Cuisinart Pro Custom (11 Cup)The traditional style, 11 cup food processor is also solid and well made. The motor is up to the challenge of mixing high density foods, such as dough, but precise enough to slice vegetables, shred cheese, mince garlic and herbs.
The extra-large feed tube is wide enough, and the blades are sharp enough, to feed whole fruits and vegetables. This large Cuisinart food processor also includes a chopping blade, three slicing/shredding discs and a spatula.
The only negative with this model is the lid has a ‘flimsy’ piece of plastic, which makes it difficult to exert enough pressure to engage the safety switch to turn the machine on. However for the most part, this machine has received good online reviews.
5. Cuisinart Elemental (8 Cup)The 8 cup Cuisinart Elemental is a good size for everyday use and small enough for easy storage. It’s quieter than the larger capacity Cuisinart food processors and the smaller 350 watt motor is still capable of powerful performance.
It has reversible shredding and slicing discs, which range from medium to fine processing. Similarly to the higher capacity models, the Cuisinart Elemental 8 Cup has an integrated feed tube to add ingredients during processing.
The only negative to this machine is the center post is attached to the base and not removable, which makes it more difficult to clean. However this machine is a lot cheaper than the larger models and offer good value for money.
Our Rating: 6/10
Available in: Silver, Gunmetal and White
6. Cuisinart Pro Classic (7 Cup)The Cuisinart Pro Classic 7 cup has a small, but powerful motor. Unlike the 8 cup Cuisinart Elemental above, it’s parts are easy to assemble, disassemble and clean.
The disc stem is detachable and dishwasher-safe. The machine has an easy to remove feed tube, wide enough to feed to whole fruits and vegetables through. The set includes a medium slicing disc (4mm), shredding disc, a stainless steel chopping blade, spatula, and recipe book. The Cuisinart Pro Classic 7 cup offers value for money and a popular choice for a medium-sized food processor.
Our Rating: 8.5/10
Available in: White
7. Cuisinart Mini-Prep Plus (4 Cup)The small, but mighty, Cuisinart 4-Cup Mini Food Cuisinart Processor is perfect for processing small amounts of food. While less powerful than it’s larger counterparts, (and not good for high density foods, such as dough) it does work well for smaller food items, including garlic, ginger and sliced fruits and vegetables.
It would also work well as a second machine, when you don’t want to bring a larger, 14-cup food processor out of the cupboard. It’s small enough to make cleaning easy, with dishwasher-safe parts and a easy-wipe touch-pad controls. The set includes a spatula and instruction book, with recipes included.
Our Rating: 7.5/10
Available in: Brushed Stainless, Brushed Chrome, Metallic Red and White
8. Cuisinart Elite Collection (4 Cup)This Mini Food Cuisinart Processor is made from die-cast plastic. This makes it a cheap alternative to the more expensive stainless steel Cuisinart food processors. However it’s not quite as durable or strong.
It has a powerful motor for it’s small size, which chops quickly and evenly. Again, just like the more expensive option above, this 4 cup machine is perfect as a ‘small helper’. It’s easy to clean and has dishwasher-safe parts. The set includes a spatula and instruction book, again with recipes included.
Two small holes in the lid function as an “open feed tube” which is less than ideal, but you might overlook this sub-standard feature when you consider it’s low price.
Our Rating: 6.5/10
Available in: Die Cast, Black and White
9. Cuisinart Mini-Prep (2.63 Cup)The Cuisinart Mini-Prep really is… well… tiny. With a 2.63 cup capacity, or 21-ounces, it’s very small. It’s made from plastic parts and has a 2-speed small motor, so it’s not good for high-density foods.
On the plus side, it’s good for little jobs and quick and easy to use. It would be a great addition to your kitchen if you already own a larger processor, or only chop smaller food items, such as baby food. It has dishwasher-safe parts making it easy to clean. This Mini Food Cuisinart Processor comes with an instruction book with some recipes included.
Our Rating: 6/10
Available in: Brushed Stainless and White